I worked for a client on 53rd Street and 6th Avenue in NYC. When I started construction began on a high rise building next door. For 18 months I was annoyed.
- Constant dirt and debris
- 10 Cement Trucks lined up
- Water from rain the night before
- Waiting as Mac trucks backed up to make deliveries
- Rerouting when construction was too close to the curb
- Narrow street
- Workers hanging out
- Annoyed, annoyed, annoyed!!!!
One day I came to work from another direction. As I turned the corner I saw for the first time the building nearly 15 stories high. At that very moment a voice inside me said; “you missed it.” I had spent so much time complaining about the construction that I missed the creation of something from its inception to its completion.